If you are considering calling a dishwasher repair service, there are a few simple checks you can do to take care of many common issues yourself. Following are some typical problems and solutions you can do before contacting a professional. Refer to your owner’s manual for specifics about your particular appliance when addressing any of these issues.
Problem: Dishes remain dirty or have spots after washing
– Overloading. When you put too many dishes on top of one another dishwasher repair los angeles, the water and detergent cannot clean properly. Check the owner’s manual for loading instructions and recommended capacity.
– Spray arm issues. A fallen utensil or small item can easily block the spray arm. If it doesn’t move, then it will not effectively spray the water throughout the appliance. Another problem is debris blocking the small holes in the arm. Remove the wire baskets and unscrew the spray arm. Remove any excess food or other debris, and put the arm back in place.
– Detergent choice. Different detergents will give different results. You may want to try another brand or form.
– Hard water. In hard water areas, a rinse agent can help prevent a film from forming on items. If your water is extremely hard, consider a water softening system.
– Water temperature. If the water temperature is not high enough, the drying time is less, therefore increasing the chance of spots. Check the manual for the recommended temperature. If it is hotter than you would like your sink water to be, you consider getting a different appliance.
Problem: A slow leak or large pool of water on the floor during or after operating
– Bad seal. If you are seeing drips directly under the door, you could have a bad seal, also known as a gasket. The seal is made of soft rubber or vinyl, which becomes dirty and less flexible over time. First, check for obvious damage and replace if necessary. If you don’t see any visible problems, clean it with a sponge and all-purpose cleaner.
– Float switch. The float and float switch keep the appliance from overfilling with water. The switch is usually located in the lower front of the tub, but check your manual if you have trouble finding it. A dirty float switch can become stuck so that the tub gets too full, causing a leak. Clean the float switch with a toothbrush and sponge, and check that it moves freely up and down.
– Detergent. Not only can the wrong detergent not clean your dishes properly, if you don’t use a product specifically for dishwashers, you can have problems with too much foam or suds that can spill out of the appliance.
If performing any of the simple checks above does not fix your problem, call a service professional to further diagnose your dishwasher repair needs.